Reading The Little Mermaid Book



I just want to share that after trying for so many years to get Bea to like books and reading, it has finally happened! She now loves, loves, LOVES to read! She reads just about anything! 

Some time ago, she'd often roll her eyes at me whenever I ask (demand) that we go in every bookstore we pass. She'd glare at me whenever I'd purchase another book. She'd hate it even more when I ask for a short break which I call "Mommy Time" and lock myself in our room for some peace and quiet with a book (and some munchies). 

Now she loves books too! I guess the change happened when we got her new glasses. Because of the dog bite, which turned out to be a sort of blessing in disguise, we found out that Bea had terrible eyesight, and badly needed glasses. I guess that's when she started reading properly and started appreciating the words she read. Now she reads a lot! she'd rummage through her old books and read those. When she's done, she'd find more books and read some more! Ahhh! My little mini-me!

Last month, I bought her a set of Disney Princesses Read Along Books. It was actually a set of 5 but I just took out one and hid the rest. This way, she'd appreciate the books more. I let her read Tangled. She just adored the movie and as expected, she loved the book too!

This Christmas, I took out Little Mermaid and wrapped it. I told her it was her Daddy's gift for her. She almost jumped with joy! Although, she is now so good at reading, she finished the book in just one sitting! I remember months before when we'd finish a book in three nights. Now she's just getting better and better at it!

Mommy Lesson Learned: my daughter has her own timeline of learning. I can't impose on her what I expect her to be able to do at a specific time. When she's ready, she'll know and she'd just do it. Patience is a virtue. Thanks baby for reminding me. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...