Try Not to Get Mad in a Child's Presence

Last night, I got really mad at our nanny. She did something that’s extremely disappointing. Anyway, it was already late and my daughter is already sleeping. I was so mad that I sat on the bed ranting at my husband about the incident. I kept at it for almost an hour. Poor sleepy hubby, but almost 10 years of married life has taught him that asking an upset, riled up woman to stop talking is like having a death wish. I didn’t even notice that I woke my daughter up. I’m not even sure if she opened her eyes but I’m sure she didn’t stir, because I would’ve stopped talking (or at least lowered the volume of my voice by a few decibels). I really thought that she was in deep slumber. I was so surprised when Bea woke up this morning and the first thing she asked me was “Mommy bakit ka nagagalit kagabi?” (Mommy why were you angry last night?”)

Note to self: Just because a child is sleeping, it doesn’t mean she can’t absorb the feelings and words surrounding her, good or bad. Try not to get mad in her presence, she is like a sponge whether she’s awake or asleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna know what your nanny did. Otherwise, your story sucks.

Karen said...

@Anonymous- It makes me sad that our family crisis didn't meet your high standards. This is something that happened to my family and not a story i made up for your reading pleasure. i have to agree with you though, the situation we have right now really sucks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...